Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Marble Jar

Okay so for my sanity, today we started the marble jar! I have been so negative lately with my kids that I am trying to turn that around. Each time they are ding what they are supposed to they get some marbles put into the marble jar. This morning, Kate made her bed, got dressed, brush her teeth and her hair all on her own. She was so good all day just trying to earn those marbles. Tonight as the dinner table she was so polite and used all her manners. She even said, "Dad I really like your hair today." When they reach the goal like the kids get to do an activity of their choice. So far so good with Kate. Connor is a whole other story. He could care less about marbles. I will work on something tomorrow that will motivate him. It was so good to have such a positive day at home with the kids.
Here's hoping day 2 is just as good!

No comments: