Saturday, September 3, 2011

Perfect Timing

So Friday in our house is always such a crazy day. We always get up late, we are rushed to get out the door and every day we have a fight about what is for lunch. We drive 25 minutes to take the kids to school at SSJ. We have always said that we would make the sacrifice for our children to attend catholic school. But sometimes on those days when I am super stressed I say to myself, "Oh it would be so nice to get them packed up and stick them out on the curb for the bus to pick them up and take them to the local public school." Friday, I got home from work and I was greeted by Kate and Connor. They had many things to tell me about their day. Kate brings me a paper with a story on it about mass. In her story she stated all the different things that she liked about mass. She also said that she was so thankful that she went to SSJ so she could experience these things. Connor then runs up to me and says, "Mom, peace be with you." I said, "Thank you Connor." He then precedes to tell me that they are learning about this at school. He says, "Mom, this is what a follower of Jesus does."
All I have to say is perfect timing! This is what I needed on Friday. To hear these stories come from my children just put everything into perspective for me and reassured our commitment to catholic education. We are truly blessed to have our children there and we would not change it for anything!

No comments: